This core competency in Social Media training is a two day, 12 hour live class training.
Go here for details: http://go.ncsu.edu/corecompetency
More and more professionals are realizing that a solid understanding of all of the social media platforms is challenging, yet crucial. This hands-on course will cover the fundamentals of top social media platforms, in detail, for members of business and industry. This course is taught by social media expert Martin Brossman and Karen Tiede.
Who Should Attend
Anyone interested in getting into the social media marketing arena, including middle and upper-level managers who have not yet had the time to integrate social media fundamentals into their business plans.
Upon completion of this course, you will understand the basics of most social media platforms. You will know how to create accounts and use these platforms.
Familiarity with a personal computer and a personal Gmail account set up prior to class.
Attend and You Will Learn
- How to set up accounts for social media online tools
- How to use these tools most effectively to drive customers to your business
- Understanding and using Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Google+, and more
- Introduction to social media marketing
- Introduction to mobile marketing
- Navigating local directory and location-sharing sites
- Social media – Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Google
- Mobile marketing
- Free local directories – Yelp, Google Local, Trip Advisor
- Location-sharing sites like Foursquare
And, the good news is that it doesn’t take massive sums of marketing dollars to make it effective. The effective use of social media is a perfect fit for small-business owners and entrepreneurs who usually have little discretionary cash for promoting their businesses, especially in the early days.
This course will provide participants with basic knowledge about a variety of social media tools and will offer strategies for how to use them most effectively:
Class time will include the basics of how to set up accounts for these online tools with intensive focus on how to use these tools most effectively to drive customers to your business and generate revenue. A how-to reference manual will be included in the registration fee.
Who this training is for: Virtual Assistants, Marketing people wanting to deepen their skills, Small Business owners and anyone that wants to enhance their skills for a career.