Social Media Marketing and Management On-Site Intensive
Martin Brossman and Karen Tiede offer an on-site version of the same program taught at NCSU’s Technology Training Solutions (McKimmon Center), tailored for individual businesses. The class takes three business days (24 hours) and is available to businesses across North Carolina.
The On-Site Intensive version of the SMMCP covers exactly the skills and tools your business needs to manage your own social media marketing plan, or to understand better how to contract with an agency to provide those services for you.
Pre-requisite: This class addresses social media MARKETING & MANAGEMENT, rather than how to use social media platforms. It is expected that students have a basic familiarity with Facebook, Linkedin, Google+, and Twitter. (Pinterest, Instagram, and other social sites are optional.) If you do not already have accounts in these major sites, we recommend that you take the Core Competency in Social Media for Business Success preparatory class, available at the McKimmon Center and at many Small Business Centers around North Carolina.
We offer a one day, on-site intensive in the major social platforms, if needed.
Class Topics in the Intensive Program
- Social Media overview and perspectives, tailored for your industry and current state of implementation
- Initial inventory: gathering intelligence
- Discovery: what does your client (you?) think / want / know
- 360 Audit: what is happening in the social landscape
- Planning and policy: defining the work (includes risk, configuration, and stakeholder plans)
- Understanding the social media options
- Creating relevant content
- Metrics and reporting: results
- Beyond “free:” paid marketing on the social platforms
- Issues in social media management: ownership, responsibility, more
- Best practices: tools, automation, workflow, systems
- Integrating traditional, new, and social media marketing
Topics from the 36-hour program that are not included:
- Marketing agency management
- Final presentations
- All-class reviews of issues and questions
- Other topics deemed not relevant during initial discussions
Frank talks about the Social Media Management Certificate Program (video by David Williams):
The 24 hour, 3 day training is available for $4500, plus travel, for a 12-seat (maximum) class. Seats may be filled from your business or from partners, co-opetition, or neighbors. The course fee includes a workbook, and students will have access to the online resources and discussion groups.
Who is this for
The On-site Intensive version of the Social Media Marketing and Management Program is for businesses:
- Who don’t want to send a staff person to the McKimmon Center
- Who would prefer to keep their social media marketing plans private
- Who would rather create and begin to implement a plan at one sitting, with all stakeholders in the room
- Who want to develop a joint marketing program with coopetition (other businesses working cooperatively, rather than in direct competition with each other)
Who is this for, part 2
Businesses who can benefit from this program include:
- Hospitals, who send marketing staff and invite marketing staff from affiliated medical practices
- Developers, who send their own marketing staff and invite marketing staff from their contractors, real estate offices, and mortgage brokers
- Tourism Boards, who send their own marketing staff and invite staff from destination properties and businesses in the local area
- Utilities, who send their own marketing staff and invite staff from their major customers
Your site, in North Carolina. The course requires a classroom with internet access and a slide projector.
As scheduled. Martin Brossman’s schedule fills quickly; Karen Tiede often has more flexibility and is available on shorter notice. Mondays are reserved for the in-person class at NCSU.
Have more questions? call Martin Brossman – (919) 847-4757, or Karen Tiede, at (919) 395 5148.
About the Developers and Trainers of the
Social Media Management and Marketing Certificate Program:
I am committed to economic growth from the ground up through small and micro businesses.
I am a success coach, speaker, trainer and author incorporating social media training to accelerate growth for entrepreneurs and small businesses. I have originated in-person and on-line networking groups which have facilitated valuable business connections among members. My latest book with Anora McGaha is called Social Media for Business, focused on understanding Social Media and other free on-line resources for business. The book can be found on ProNetworkingOnLine.com and Amazon. More about Martin and links to Social Media.
Karen Tiede is a social media marketing consultant/trainer and textile artist who has successfully applied social media to market her work, now teaching Marketing with Pinterest around the state and providing social media management services to clients. Karen brings 15+ years of corporate process design and improvement experience to her work with professional, academic, and small business organizing. Visit Red Tuxedo to learn more about her marketing services.